[box type=”shadow” ]Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Lunchbox and my hectic schedule. All opinions are purely my own.[/box]
Do you know how my Monday went? No, seriously. Do you? Between getting settled into the new place (yay for 2 weeks in and still having boxes in my house), trying to shop for items needed and (lack of) menu creating, I can tell you that I’m slightly frazzled to say the least.
Though I work from home, I put in a 40-hour work week plus my blog job at night. Oh and then there’s the parenting thing. Which means that I’m still left with little time in the evenings to prepare meals. Especially when I haven’t planned ahead. This week, it was very “interesting” because I ended up having a 6 p.m. PTA volunteer meeting that I had completely forgotten about. Oh yes, folks. Be jealous.
That left me all of what? Forty minutes to figure out what I was going to make and make it? Enter the brown paper hyperventilation bag here.
Thankfully, I’d stopped by Family Dollar and picked up a KnorrÂ® Rice Sidesâ„¢ packet before my move. Ok, I didn’t pick one of these up, I picked up 4. Why, you ask? They have a buy 3 KnorrÂ® Rice Sidesâ„¢, get 1 free offer. How could I say no?
So off I went to make my family meal for about $1 per serving*. I added a few tried and true ingredients that I always keep on hand and voila! Happy faces!
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides ™ - Chicken Flavor
- 1 can (15.5 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast (can substitute for one can canned chicken, drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or 2 slices American cheese
- Prepare Knorr® Rice Sides ™ according to package directions, stirring in corn and beans during the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook sliced chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Stir chicken into cooked rice mixture.
- Stir cheese into rice mixture and serve.
- I sometimes leave a little of the bean "juice". This gives it a slightly different texture and is casserole like.
Because I love you and I want you to feel the relief I felt, Iâ€™m hosting a dinner solutions giveaway thanks to Knorr and Unilever. Upload your #FDKnorrDinner solutions picture to Instagram or Twitter, and tag me using my handle (@MyMamihood) for your chance to win a Kitchen Essentials kit, featuring a $50 Family Dollar gift card and a cookware set. Be sure to leave your links below.
Don’t forget to stop by your local Family Dollar to take advantage of the Buy 3 KnorrÂ® Rice Sidesâ„¢, Get One Free offer.
*Based on average retail prices in national supermarkets