Disclosure: this is a sponsored post
Have you ever picked up a scent in the air and had it transport you back to a time and place where you first experienced that scent?
Gain has recently partnered up withÂ Dr. Alan Hirsch from the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation andÂ showing consumers the positive impact that smelling good can have in their lives. I mean we all know that you prefer to have a good smelling person next to you on the subway than someone that smells like hot garbage on a summer day. But now there’s scientific proof as to why that is. And how scents can have a positive effect on your life. Did you know that:
- Malodors precipitates aggression – could this be why there’s aggression in sports? Quick, someone spray them with good-smelling stuff!
- The smell of food enhances positive family interactions by 7% – I think this is probably what feeds my love of cooking. Doesn’t the smell of a home-cooked meal make it seem like no matter what’s going on, everything going to be alright?
- A mixture of floral aroma increases the speed of learning by 17% – I’m SO going to do my homework out in my butterfly garden from now on!
- The aroma of lavender reduces anxiety – perhaps this is why I have always had a love of this scent
- The aromas of peppermint and citrus both enhance wakefulness – now I know what to have around in the mornings
According to Dr. Alan Hirsch, there is an invisible universe at the tip of our noses that impacts upon everything we do, as certain aromas or scents affect peopleâ€™s behaviors and emotions and their interactions with others.
Moreover, Dr. Hirsch adds that certain aromas, such as the ones from fresh-smelling clothes, induce people to feel happier and more optimistic and positive. Â Lord knows I love it when I
fold smell fresh laundry. It does make me happy though I’ll be honest the folding part does not.
This information made me feel like it’s even more important for me to have fresh-smelling everything around me. Â And the easiest way for me to ensure there’s good smells all around is with laundry. The other day, I washed some sheets and didn’t put it in the dryer right away. By the time I dried it, it had that “you waited too long” funk on it. I thought it would be okay and put it in the room to fold. Do you know I had to get out of bed and physically remove the sheets from my line of scent? That smell is not one that that invokes happiness in me.
Donâ€™t let scent insufficiency, or a severe lack of pleasant aroma, affect you! With its irresistible aroma, Gain can help bring back the freshness and pleasant scent you may be missing in your life, for a fun and happier laundry experience!
To help you on your way to battle scent insufficiency, Gain is letting me give away a year’s supply of detergent! Â Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway & tell me, how do you battle scent insufficiency?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Gain. All thoughts, scent memories and dislike of laundry-folding are purely my own.