Budgets have been a topic of discussion in my home. Primarily me sitting in front of my laptop asking my online bank account why it canâ€™t magically make numbers convenient for the lifestyle that I was accustomed to.
One of the things that has hurt my pockets has been my cell phone bill. I always thought Iâ€™d have to deal with it. I mean, what else am I going to do, not have a phone?
Well, I was wrong (go ahead, write it down, Iâ€™ll give you a minute). I found out about Net10 and couldnâ€™t wait to tell you this. Net10 is a prepaid wireless service offering unlimited local, long distance and roaming calls. They provide coverage on the best networks and offer the latest phone models, including Androids. Without a contract.
Iâ€™ll say that again in case you thought that was a typo: without. a. contract. The thing with me has always been that Iâ€™ve had a family plan since I was an adult. Always had someone on my plan, my sister, mami, my dad. Itâ€™s important for me and I always thought it was cheaper that way though in all honesty, it doesnâ€™t feel like that when I get the phone bill.
When I realized how much I could be saving with Net10, I was floored. Could I really save $2,500 a year with this plan? I broke out the calculator and sure enough. Now, before you go on telling me that I didnâ€™t do well in my finance class so how could you trust me with this, I have a couple of things to tell you:
- Donâ€™t judge me, I did okay in my class
- Where else are you going to get your first line for $50 a month with unlimited local, long distance and roaming calls, text messaging, Internet access, and WiFi connectivity?
- Want a family plan? Well, where else can you find a family plan that will charge you an additional $40 a month for each phone with unlimited local, long distance and roaming calls, text messaging, Internet access, and WiFi connectivity?
Thatâ€™s $90 a month for TWO phone lines. What do you pay for your family plan? Have more people? No problem. Here are the details, straight up with no funny language that you have to have translated by your neighbor thatâ€™s a retired attorney.
- 2 line family plan: $90 for unlimited nationwide data, text, talk, 411
- 3 line family plan: $130 for unlimited nationwide data, text, talk, 411
- 4 line family plan: $170 for unlimited nationwide data, text, talk, 411
Simple and sweet. Oh and, check out these phones?
Now I can have a family plan without the stress.Â No contracts, no mess.Â Papi travels out of the country a lot and I canâ€™t tell you the mess he got himself into when he was on contract with a major carrier because they didnâ€™t want to suspend his service andâ€¦donâ€™t get me started. With Net10, Papi can have a phone when heâ€™s here, load it up with unlimited everything and when heâ€™s gone, heâ€™s not racking up the bills. Doesnâ€™t get much better than that.
And this, my friends, is the reason Iâ€™m going to have a good Navidad with Net10. Save a little money on the phone bill and maybe mami can do a little something nice for herself, what do think?
Head on over to the Net10 Facebook page to find out more about their services, why don’t you.
Check out how easy it is to set up your phone:
How much do you pay for your cell phoneâ€™s family plan?