A few weeks ago I told you about the crazy that my body was putting me through.
Well, the time is here for me to head on in to surgery. I’m feeling good about my decisions and great about the surgeon that Dougie Houser out me in touch with.
I love him to pieces for saying “hey, I could do the surgery but here is someone that might be a better fit for your needs”. My last doctor didn’t do that.
- Three years ago my endo was diagnosed at stage 4. I’ve had Lupron therapy since and this is what probably carried me through to now.
- I don’t think I will do another round of Lupron. I’ve had 2 and I think that’s enough.
- Currently, I’m looking at a 6cm cyst in my right ovary (not endo) and a 3cm endometrioma on my left ovary (endo).
- Surgery will be minimally invasive (yay) but we are looking at 3 different procedures (boo).
- Doc McDreamy said she will be saving as much of my ovaries as possible thereby taking the word “hysterectomy” off the plate (sigh).
- I’m heading in first thing on today and, barring anything crazy happening during surgery, I’ll be home the same day.
- The BFF will be here today. My sister follows next week.
- My brother is managing the home and the care as well as shuttling the kid to camp as needed (did I mention he’s a great cook?! And ladies, he’s single!).
Those are the stats. At some point I’ll give you a list of things you need to make life easy before and after surgery. It won’t be today. I’m typing this on my phone while staring at a pile of laundry that needs to be folded. So probably the first thing on that list will be: Get a housekeeper.
But, I digress. It’s been hectic. I’ve had so much going on with work, so many good things taking place. I’ve been feeling like this surgery, while needed, is putting a big hiccup on momentum. But, I am trying my best to go with the flow.
Let’s see if that’ll work. I don’t know how long I will be out of work but I am SO glad that I’ll be able to take the time to heal. As far as the blog is concerned, I have a few bits scheduled but for the most part, things here will be quiet. I invite you to check out the archives though.
Head on over to FB to keep up with any quick happenings otherwise, I’ll catch you on the flip side.