It is my birthday! Today I am FORTY, y’all! Can you believe it? I cannot. Wasn’t I just 12? Who messed with father time? For the record, I think I look fantastic!
It’s the middle of the night, I’ve been fighting some allergic reaction for like 2 weeks, I have a boatload of work to handle and on top of that, my house is a holy mess and I’m supposed to have people over for my birthday. And you know what? I couldn’t be happier!
Today, I get to tell you about my secret: I dream big (okay, maybe it’s not a secret). These next points round out the 40 things I know for sure (check out the previous ones here, here and here). Pay attention, these are important.
- Don’t get mad when you find gray hairs: first, there are people with NO hair that wish they had some of any color. And second, smile at the fact that you’ve been around long enough to earn them.
- Letting drama in to your life is a surefire a great way to derail your dreams. Don’t do it. Easier said than done, trust me, I know! But you must get it done in order to reach for your bliss.
- Reach for your bliss! This means that you’re going to have to face your fears at some point. Face them. Those bastards ain’t got shit on you! Example…here I am 51 stories high in Last Vegas telling fear to kiss my ass! Did I mention I’m terrified of heights?
- That leads me to…if it doesn’t scare you, take that shit off your list! Don’t stay with what you know or with what is comfortable. There’s so much more out there for you!
- Get a tribe! If you’re a woman, get a tribe of women. Not girls. They can be easily recognized because a) they are genuinely happy and excited for your awesome and b) they don’t do bullshit. They also will kick your ass when you get down on yourself too long, make you laugh, pass you tissues and bring the kind of big love to your life that you will not be able to do without.
- Deal with doubt: I didn’t say to not have any. I doubt myself on the regular. As a matter of fact, I just schedule “doubt my awesome” into my calendar so we can get that out of the way. You will feel it. The best of us do. The key (like with fear) is to stare at it and then snap your fingers, twist your neck and tell it to get outcho way as you walk over it!
- Decide that you deserve it! Don’t settle, don’t let doubt and fear cloud your judgement or your purpose. No one can do this for you. We can pray for you but only you can put it in your mind that you are worth it.
- Laugh! I’m laughing right now and it’s like 3:30 a.m. If I don’t stop, someone’s going to commit me on my birthday! I say laugh but I really mean be joyful. It’s not always easy but, it’s recommended.
- Live in gratitude. Even on days when I’m sad or blue, when I first open my eyes, there’s a gratitude behind that action that I attempt to carry throughout my day. Am I always successful? Of course not. But I love to catch glimpses of gratitude throughout the day. It really does change your perspective and your mood. It takes practice but, I have faith in you.
- Once you have that dream in your mind, decide that it will come true. Simple as that. Decide and like Paulo Coelho says, the universe will conspire with you to make it happen.
I’m a firm believer in this. You see, I’m dreaming big right now! On my 40th birthday, I decided to launch a Kickstarter for my Blogger Organizer. I’m scared and happy all at the same time. I damn near fainted when I paid to get those first copies printed and even as I think about it I get a little nauseous. Am I doubting myself? Hell no. That just means I’m dreaming big and living my truth and purpose!
I hope you’ll stop by the Kickstarter to support me. The universe already said you would so, get to it! (and thanks)
Thank you for reading. For stopping by and showing me a little love on my special day. And for letting these words sink into your spirit. I hope they have served you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a little celebrating to do!
A look at birthdays past: