Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All thoughts, opinions and happiness are purely my own.
Can I just ask where June went? I have an APB out on it because I don’t know what happened. With so much going on, I woke up this week realizing it’s 4th of July on Saturday. Woohoo!
This weekend is about celebrating the land, those that fought and died for it and those that continue to live with the repercussions of the battles they’ve fought. But it’s always been a mark in my mind of the fact that it’s all downhill from here on as far as summer is concerned.
We eat well at my house and this holiday is no different. I’m trying to get better though. This year I am instituting fruit parfait as part of the holiday treats.
Okay so, the deal is that I make homemade whip cream for my fruit parfait. I normally add a flavor to the whip cream. But I’ve been wondering if I can add some International Delight creamer to it instead.
I cannot believe I’m about to give you guys this recipe. Folks rant and rave about it when they come to my house and yes, I totally act like I slaved over a hot stove to make it. But here it is because I want to share the goodness with the world.
Grab a big glass mixing bowl and put a smaller metal bowl inside of it. Fill the inside of the glass bowl with ice. I like to drop that whole thing into the freezer to get the bowls ice cold.
Then do this…
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3/4 cup International Delight Creamer (I chose the Cinnabon flavor because YASSSS)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1 pack of strawberries
- 1 pack of blueberries
- Put a small metal bowl in a large glass mixing bowl and fill the glass bowl with ice. Put both in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Put the heavy cream and the sugar in the metal bowl and mix (I use a hand mixer). After mixing for 2 minutes, add the creamer of choice and continue to mix for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once you get the desired thickness, put bowl into the freezer to let it set for about 10 minutes.
- Grab a mason jar and fill the bottom with strawberries. Put a tablespoon of whipped cream and then a handful of blueberries. Continue this pattern until you have the desired amount in the jar. Store in the fridge until serving time.
What do you think? Go forth and enjoy it my people! If you make this, let me know how it goes!
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.