We are feeling good, folks! Did you read about our Year of Books?! Go ahead, click over. We’ll wait.
Okay! Now that you are all caught up, I wanted to give you the run down of what was read in the House of Mami! OH and big ups to my girl Jennifer over at Baby Making Machine who is not only doing this challenge with us but, they’re looking to clock a full 365 books this year. Go, go, go!!!!
What She Read:
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping On the Bed
- If You Give a Dog a Donut
- Foxy In Love
- Love Is My Favorite Thing
- Amelia Bedelia Makes a Friend
- Amelia Bedelia Sleeps Over
- Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
- Katie Fry & the Case of the Lost Kitten
- I Got the Rhythm
- The Little Tree That Would Not Share
- Dooby Dooby Moo
- Amelia Bedelia Hits the Trail
Books we read to her:
- One Snowy Night
- The Story of Ruby Bridges
- Of Thee I Sing
- Dancing In the Wings
- Katie Fry & the Case of the Missing Fox
I haven’t finished any grown up books BUT, this is what I’m working on:
- Citizen: An American Lyric
- Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches
- You Can’t Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain
I’ve been so impressed by her enthusiasm. And I almost cried when she read the first Amelia Bedelia because it’s a first chapter book and ohemgee! She’s doing it, y’all!!!!
Want a pack of Dolch’s 1st grade sight words? Sign up here and you’ll get a downloadable file that you can print and cut!
The January count is 18 books. Not too shabby considering we didn’t start this until the 18th of the month. So…are you joining us?! You don’t have to have 200 books on your list! Just read! And then share your books with us. Use the hashtag #YearofBooks. Mmmkay?!
*this post includes affiliate links. Cuz Mami needs more books!